NOTICE: We are currently experiencing a high volume of applications. If you have any trouble accessing or completing the form, please email

Application Status

Applications are currently open for semester 2, 2020 and semesters 1 and 2, 2021

How to Apply

Research which College is right for you then read below for more information on how to apply.

Step 1: Apply Online

  1. List Colleges in order of preference
  2. Fill in all mandatory fields (for non-mandatory fields, you can send through details at a later date via email)

Step 2: Supporting Documentation + Interview

  1. After you submit your College of first preference will be in touch directly via email with next steps and requests for any additional documentation (e.g. references)
  2. Pay $75 application fee (does not apply to applicants on Youth Allowance)
  3. An interview will be arranged in person or via skype

Step 3: Offers

  1. Awarded before or shortly after University offers. Most University offers are awarded over December-January for Sem 1 2020

Unsuccessful Applications

If you are not offered a place by your College of preference, they may ask if you wish to be placed on their waiting list or be referred to your other College preferences that are still considering applicants through the Intercollegiate Pool process.

If at any stage you wish to withdraw your application, please inform the College that holds your application immediately.

Intercollegiate Pool

The purpose of the Intercollegiate Pool is to ensure that applicants who have not been offered residency at their College of preference can be considered for a place in another College in a fair and orderly manner and according to the applicant's order of preferences.

If you have not been offered a place at your College of first preference, you will be given the chance to have your application considered by other Colleges through the Intercollegiate Pool which runs shortly after University offers are released.

Alternative Accommodation Options

Our Residential Colleges work closely with the University of Melbourne to ensure alternative accommodation options are available to applicants if they are unsuccessful in the Intercollegiate Pool.

For non-residential options at our Colleges, please see Non-Residential

A limited number of mid-year residential places at are also available at our Colleges. To apply, select Semester 2 2019/ Sem 2 2010 on the application form.